Unified Communication business drivers
How will you build a business case for investment in Unified Communication and show ROI?
Some organisations plan to retain certain traditional services in a long-term phased approach, while others are already on single converged IP networks.
Why choose Unified Communication?
- Cost reduction
- Simplified management
- Agility to respond to change
- Innovation that can impact profitability and help IT to become a strategic asset in the success of the organisation
- Risks associated with change and new technologies
- No compelling issue and ROI to build business case for investment
- Contracts that bind to existing services
As an IT leader are you responsible for "functional delivery" of communications and technology, or do you play an active role in business process and profitability by turning IT into a strategic asset?
Business case for Unified Communication
There's no single compelling event "out there" pushing organisations to Unified Communication. Instead there's a range of specific challenges that exist for an organisation, that can be met with Unified Communication. For example the issue of travel costs...IT leaders who implement video, audio and web conferencing can show instant and lasting ROI. Building a business case around these specific challenges and showing tangible ROI is preferable to drafting an all-encompassing business case for blanket Unified Communication.
Some of the reasons our customers are choosing Unified Communication
- Improve competitiveness and customer service
- Innovate with applications that shape business processes and drive profitability
- Make contact, information sharing and decision-making easier, faster and smarter
- Make communications services seamless across the organisation
- Make it easier to find and contact people
- Enable calls that reach a contact first time
- Enable mobile, remote and flexible working
- Evolve to "single device" and FMC
- Manage and invest in one network instead of three
- Have central visibility and control over all fixed and mobile resources
- Reduce communications costs by routing all contact over one IP network
- Reduce travel costs and carbon emissions with collaboration and conferencing
It's about increasing productivity. Our target is 5%, which doesn't sound much, but multiplied by several thousand people it has a significant business impact.