In the press
Read the latest stories about Azzurri in the press.
Azzurri to offer 'five nines' with new datacentre
09. 02. 2016 - Azzurri Communications says it will soon be in a position to offer its cloud-based unified communications (UC) customers "five nines" of availability with the opening of a fourth datacentre. Read the news at CRN.
Azzurri Communications renews Cyber Essentials Plus certification
02. 02. 2016 - Azzurri Communications today announced that it has achieved the Government’s Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation for a second year. This builds on the company’s strong governance policies and focus on company-wide IT infrastructure security, ensuring that the company’s public sector customers are protected from the well-reported dangers posed by cyber-threats. Read more at Contact Centre News.
Azzurri maintains Government-level security credentials
02. 02. 2016 - Azzurri has achieved the Government's Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation for a second year. See more at Comms Dealer.
Top 5 communications trends on the IT agenda in 2016
21. 01. 2016 - As the warm glow of Christmas fades into the soggy chill of January, New Year’s resolutions begin to look tough to meet.
Back at work, however, resolutions (or business plans) have to be taken a little more seriously – here are five communications-related resolutions that ought to be on every IT professional’s list this year. See more at Information Age.
Azzurri CTO: BYOD is no longer the next big thing
23. 12. 2015 - The unified comms dealer told Mobile that many of its partners are moving away from the business model that saw employee-owned device used in the workplace. Instead Rufus Grig, CTO of Azzurri Comms, believes the focus has switched to CYOD – choose your own device.. Read the article at Mobile Today.
Cloud based unified communications to increase by 466% in 2016
17. 12. 2015 - A massive surge in cloud-based unified communications is anticipated in 2016, rising from 6% of all UC deployments in 2015, to 28%.
New research into the use of cloud-based communications and collaboration shows 2016 is set to be a transformative year for enterprise communications, specifically in mobility models, telephony set-ups and reliance on collaboration tools. Read more at Cloud Computing Intelligence.
What Will Happen to the Contact Centre in 2016 and Beyond?
17. 12. 2015 - Contact centre experts such as Stephen Wright at Azzurri Communications take a look at the changes set to shake up the industry in 2016 and beyond. Read the full article at Call Centre Helper.
The Hidden Gems of Call Routing Software
10. 12. 2015 - Call Centre Helper's panel, including Paul Cox, Business Development Manager at Azzurri Communications look at the lesser-known features of call routing software which can add value to your contact centre operation. See more at Call Centre Helper.
Eliminating the network bottlenecks for good
07. 12. 2015 - Network faults and issues are commonplace in the increasingly connected working environment of the enterprise. The result is that people and staff become less productive, more frustrated, and prone to laying the blame at the IT department’s door.
These “network bottlenecks” – places in your network where the smooth continuous. Read the full article at ITProPortal, written by David Groves, Product Management Director at Azzurri Communications.
The convenience of convergence: an enterprise view of the BT-EE deal
30. 11. 2015 - With barely a regulatory whimper, EE is set to become part of BT in time for Easter next year. But what does it mean for the enterprise? Read the full article at Information Age.
A finger on the pulse.
Networing+, November issue: With the proliferation of ‘bring your own device’ and growing Wi-Fi demand in hospitals, James Hayes looks at the prognosis for NHS network managers. See page 10 -11.
5 Features That Could Benefit Your Contact Centre
12. 11. 2015 - There is always room for improvement when it comes to the customer experience. See 5 features that could help you better measure and manage your business at Call Centre Helper.
Azzurri apprentice named as a finalist in the ITP Apprentice Awards 2015
12. 11. 2015 - Leah Goddard at Azzurri Communications has been named as a finalist in the ITP Apprentice Awards 2015. Read the article at Call Centre Helper.
An inconvenient truth: nothing can stop the rising cost of mobile
15. 10. 2015 - It was announced towards the end of last month that, after a protracted review, Ofcom is planning to triple the fees it charges mobile network operators for their use of “spectrum” to provide services.
Ofcom is taking a current combined total of £64.4 million and raising it to £199.6 million for the 900 MHz and 1800 MHz spectrum bands – for the same thing as before. That makes even UK energy providers look parsimonious with their increases. See more at Information Age.
What’s Next With… Multichannel?
15. 10. 2015 - Call Centre Helper's panel of experts look at how the multichannel customer experience is expected to change over the next few years, and where it might be by 2025. See more at Call Centre Helper.
Azzurri Builds Network Operations Centre
08. 10. 2015 - Azzurri Communications has launched its new Network Operations Centre (NOC). The facility – based in Burnley, already a major logistics and operational site for Azzurri – employs 76 people, including three local apprentices who joined the business last year. See more at Comms Business.
The top 10 cultural changes to be wary of when migrating to the cloud
06. 10. 2015 - In Computing's experience, nearly every large enterprise is using at least some form of cloud computing in their organisation. And some, such as British Gas and Atkins, want to make everything cloud-centric in the years to come.
That's not to say that cloud computing works for everyone; just ask Rocco Labellarte, the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead's head of technology and change delivery. Read the full article at Computing.
What does SI stand for now?
Traditionally, SI stood for ‘Systems Integrator’– a company whose role it was to deliver a bespoke computing system by building, testing and, of course, integrating various vendors’ hardware and software offerings. Now, with the cloud revolution having firmly taken off, this role is increasingly waning. Or rather, it’s changing. Read the article from Azzurri's Tom Gutteridge on page 6 at Networking+.
An Introduction to… Mobile Customer Service Apps
24. 09. 2015 - Call Centre Helper's experts take an in-depth look at what mobile customer service apps are and how they can benefit your contact centre. Read the full article at Call Centre Helper.
How to run your business without an office
21. 09. 2015 - In the past running a successful business meant an office space awash with technology. Today, it is possible to run a business with nothing more than a phone and a tablet PC. With fast mobile broadband, cloud-based services and powerful computing power literally in the palm of your hand, business owners can move their enterprises into the environment of virtual business management.
Emeritus Professor Dexter Dunphy predicts that in the future the "workplace will no longer be defined by an office building but a collection of invisible interactions, aided by technology." Read the full article at Techradar.
Mobile industry finds opportunities to streamline the NHS frontline
19. 09. 2015 - The NHS needs to make £22bn efficiency savings by 2020 and, in order to meet this target, the
spotlight has been turned onto the mobile industry.
Technology is the key enabler to releasing the efficiency challenge facing the health service, according to the former CEO of NHS England. This sentiment is starting to be reflected in the mobile industry as companies look to healthcare for new revenue streams. From mobile operators to unified comms dealers, the opportunities in mobile health, or mHealth, are slowly starting to be realised. Seee more at Mobile Today.
Is a cloud or on-premise model preferable for UC?
17. 09. 2015 - When it comes to their communications systems, enterprises are battling technological and vendor confusion. Microsoft has disrupted the market enormously by introducing Microsoft Lync and the recent release of Skype for Business, leaving traditional players like Avaya and Cisco scrambling to respond to a new competitive threat. This has in turn led to confusion in the user market. Read the full article at Compare the Cloud.net.
The digital employee is not new – it’s just the latest evolutionary phase
15. 09. 2015 - Self-sufficient, tech-savvy employees is nothing new to businesses – and this time, IT should have learned the lessons of history. Read the article at Information Age.
Digital Channels Changing the Vendor Market
26. 08. 2015 - Stephen Wright, Product Manager at Azzurri Communications looks at what the future might hold for communications vendors as voice becomes just one of multiple mediums. Read the article at Call Centre Helper.
Azzurri CEO: ‘Companies need to invest money in security’
20. 08. 2015 - Azzurri Communications’ CEO has told Mobile that ‘the importance of security is underestimated and underinvested’.
In light of the recent cyber-attacks on Carphone Warehouse, Chris Jagusz said that security will be a ‘wake-up call’ for the industry. He doesn’t believe that change will come overnight, but that it will start with companies investing more in user training. Read the article at Mobile Today.
Public sector battlefield heats up as contracts up for grabs
10. 08. 2015 -
A number of large unified comms providers have gone through a ‘demanding’ selection process to be considered for a selection of public sector contracts.
Ten lots for the Network Services Framework were up for grabs, including mobile voice and data, call centres, CCTV and telephony systems. Azzurri has successfully secured a place on nine out of the ten available lots. See more at Mobile Today.
UC on the Move
10. 08. 2015 - When it comes to Unified Communications (UC) mobile is often at the centre of the conversation, demand for UC is now coming from all corners of the market from an increasingly dispersed workforce. Many resellers will already be engaged with their customers regarding UC as customers are increasingly becoming aware of their options. As the need for flexibility from an always on workforce increases mobile is now the key component in any UC solution. Is the Channel making the most of this opportunity? Contact centre experts such as Azzurri's Stephen Wright share their views with Comms Business.
Case Study: Call Handler Goes Multichannel
28. 07. 2015 - Armchair Call Handling has improved its customer contact strategy with the help of a multichannel solution from Azzurri. Read the case study at Call Centre Helper.
Hosted vs on-premise – which UC is right for you?
27. 07. 2015 - In what circumstances should enterprises consider an on-premise solution? Rufus Grig, CTO of Azzurri Communications, explains that on-premise could be the best option for companies that can use this as a differentiator. Read the full article at CBR.
Network Services Framework winners unveiled
24. 07. 2015 - CRN can reveal the identity of the 61 suppliers (including Azzurri Communications) that made the cut for the Network Services Framework. See the full list of winners at CRN.
To be or not to be: 6 industry insights on BT-Openreach split
Should Ofcom force BT to cut the cord?
23. 07. 2015 - Openreach was spun off from its parent BT in 2005 during Ofcom's last review of the digital communications market.
Now, ten years later, the future of BT's infrastructure division is again up in the air as Ofcom mulls a split as one of four options, the others being strengthening the current model by applying new rules to BT, retaining the current model and deregulating and promoting competition between networks.
CBR has collected some thoughts from industry stakeholders and experts including Azzurri Communications' CEO, Chris Jagusz on whether Ofcom should go ahead with the split. Read more at CBR.
Flexible working: the forbidden words in millions of businesses today
20. 07. 2015 - Why do businesses prefer their employees’ productivity to be severely disrupted by tube strikes over accepting the value of flexible working? See more at Information Age. By Rufus Grig, CTO at Azzurri Communications.
What’s Next With… Workforce Management?
07. 07. 2015 - Industry experts such as Stephen Wright, Contact Centre Manager of Azzurri Communications look at how Workforce Management technology is expected to change over the next few months and years. Read the article at Call Centre Helper.
Flexible working 1 year on: Has anything changed?
30. 06. 2015 - So why hasn't flexible working taken off, if it is in such high demand and the options are there? "It's not clear what the catalyst for a sea change in flexible working will be, but it is clear that the demand will only increase as technology advances." Paul Fawcett, Mobility Product Manager at Azzurri Communications, describes some of the innovations to expect in the future. Read more at Computer Business Review.
Skunkworks, Shadow IT and consumer apps in the workplace.
19. 06. 15 - Azzurri’s David Groves asks why is there so much negativity about shadow IT and skunkworks (loosely structured internal R&D innovation teams) in the workplace and how can they be harnessed for gain? Read more at Computer Business Review.
Is it time businesses got rid of voicemail once and for all?
15. 06. 2015 - In the era of unified communications, JP Morgan is removing voicemail from the workplace – is it time other businesses followed suit? Read more at Information Age. By Rufus Grig, CTO, Azzurri Communications.
The 3 types of change in IT
15. 05. 2015 - Whether it be regulatory, technological or organisational, change has been a part of the industry from the very beginning. But it seems that recently there has been a noticeable confluence of significant changes to the way that organisations work and do business. Read more at Information Age. By Rufus Grig, CTO, Azzurri Communications.
Sorrento and Azzurri Enter Agreement
16. 03. 2015 - Sorrento Networks has announced a major partnership with Azzurri Communications. The companies are working jointly to service the UK service provider market for optical transport solutions employing next generation equipment from Sorrento Networks. Read more at CommsBusiness.
Azzurri joins forces with Sorrento Networks
12. 03. 2015 - Azzurri has joined forces with Sorrento Networks to service the UK service provider market for optical transport solutions employing next generation equipment from Sorrento.
The deal means Azzurri customers will be able to source Sorrento Networks solutions, incorporating its CWDM, DWDM and ROADM products. Read the full press release at CommsDealer.
Azzurri partners with Sorrento to serve telcos
12. 03. 2015 - Telecoms network equipment manufacturer Sorrento Networks has announced a “major partnership” with cloud and managed comms provider Azzurri Communications.
The companies are working jointly to service the UK service provider market for optical transport solutions employing next generation equipment from Sorrento Networks. Through the partnership Azzurri customers – which include some of the UK’s largest network providers – will be able to source Sorrento Networks’ CWDM, DWDM and ROADM products. Read more at ChannelBiz.
Q&A: Azzurri CEO & CTO talk UC industry trends and changes
11. 02. 2015 - CBR sits down with Chris Jagusz, CEO, and Rufus Grig, CTO of Azzurri to discuss the Unified Communications industry. Read the interview at CBR.
Azzurri CEO: We must raise customer expectations
17. 01. 2015 - Azzurri Communications’ CEO Chris Jagusz has shared his growth plans for the company, including challenging customers’ low expectations of their IT providers.
“We work in an industry where customers have quite low expectations; they expect to be let down. The highest praise you can get is that ‘you’re the best of a bad bunch’, and actually we aim a lot higher,” Jagusz (pictured) tells Channel Pro. Read the full article at ChannelPro.
Azzurri Communications and EE agree B2B channel partnership agreement
13. 01. 2015 - Azzurri has added a new dimension to its mobile proposition with the addition of EE's products and services and the hand-over of existing O2 small business customers back to O2.
Azzurri's enterprise O2 clients will continue to be managed by the company directly but under a new reseller agreement Azzurri will resell EE's products and services to enterprises under the Azzurri brand, while small business propositions will be sold under the EE brand. Read the full press release at Comms Dealer.
Azzurri CEO: Selling only O2 was limiting customer choice
13. 01. 2015 - Azzurri Communications today announced a partnership with EE, which will see it resell the telecom giant’s products and services under its own brand. Read the full press release at CRN.
Azzurri inks b2b partnership deal with EE
13. 01. 2015 - Azzurri Communications and EE have inked a major partnership deal which will see Azzurri sell EE’s products and services to its enterprise customers under the Azzurri brand.
The unified comms and managed services company, which is estimated to have around 4,500 customers, will also sell EE’s b2b services to its smaller SME clients under the EE brand. Read the full press release at Mobile Today.
EE reveals B2B ambitions with Azzurri agreement
13. 01. 2015 - Azzurri Communications says it has entered into an agreement with EE where it will resell the mobile phone operator’s products and services under its own brand.
“The motivation behind this partnership was simple – we wanted to ensure we had independence in our supply chain,” comments Chris Jagusz, CEO of Azzurri Communications. Read the full press release at ChannelPro.
Azzurri to resell EE products and solutions
13. 01. 2015 - Azzurri Communications today announced a partnership with EE, which will see it resell the telecom giant’s products and services under its own brand. The managed communication services provider will sell EE’s SME-focused portfolio under the Azzurri brand and well as enterprise propositions under the EE brand. Read the full press release at Microscope.
Azzurri adds to cyber security credentials
20. 01. 2015 - Azzurri has been awarded the Government's new enhanced cyber security accreditation, Cyber Essentials Plus. Read the full press release at Comms Dealer.
Azzurri adds to its cyber security credentials
20. 01. 2015 - Azzurri Communications has announced that it has been awarded the Government’s new enhanced cyber security accreditation, Cyber Essentials Plus. By adding Cyber Essentials Plus to the company’s already strong security credentials and endorsements, customers can be assured that Azzurri’s ICON managed communications services are delivered using systems and processes that are optimised to protect their data and their networks. Read the full press release at Contact Centre News.
Cyber Essentials Plus accredited
20. 01. 2015 - A provider of cloud and managed communication services, Azzurri Communications, has been awarded the Government’s new cyber security accreditation, Cyber Essentials Plus. Read the full press release at Professional Security Magazine.